Are epoxy flake flooring systems beneficial?
Due to the cost, it may be difficult or even impossible to install some of the most popular ornamental flooring options, including mosaics such as terrazzo, in commercial, industrial, or institutional settings. Epoxy flooring can be laid in decorative flake patterns to provide a terrazzo look with some great benefits and reduced costs. You can create a unique one-of-a-kind look with these value-based flooring products.
Epoxy Flake Flooring Advantages
There are a number of other advantages to epoxy flake flooring systems beyond aesthetics:
- Easy to clean - In comparison to other types of flooring systems, epoxy flake flooring systems have a seamless finish, which prevents dust, mildew, and bacteria from collecting in cracks and creases. Unlike carpet, resinous flooring can be easily cleaned and is durable enough to withstand harsh chemical cleaners.
- Easily customizable and fully functional - An epoxy flake flooring system can be customized to best cater to the functional requirements of a particular location and can be applied to a wide variety of applications. For example, the option to choose between a variety of textures to help reduce slip and fall accidents is available. Or, choose from systems that can withstand extreme temperature fluctuations, inhibit microbe development, etc.
- Known for its durability and strength - In addition to providing a strong barrier over concrete substrates, epoxy flake flooring systems also enhance the surface's load-bearing capabilities and ultimately extend its lifespan.
- Cost-effectiveness - In case you live in a stormy area, epoxy flake flooring surfaces may also save you money on your insurance premiums. Since high winds, heavy rains, and other natural disasters are less likely to damage them, they will require fewer costly repairs.
An attractive floor coating for any facility
In contrast to flooring systems that are laid in tiles, sheets, or blocks, resinous floor coatings form a seamless finish over concrete slabs and are available in many colors and textures. Colorful flakes are suspended in a transparent resin to create an organic, random pattern, in contrast to repetitive tile patterns that mimic "natural" patterns.
With their wide variety of color options and flake sizes, decorative epoxy flake flooring systems are a great alternative to other flooring options. There are some types of flooring that are more costly and require more maintenance, such as terrazzo. In contrast, decorative epoxy flake flooring systems are available in a wide variety of color combinations and can mimic the look of terrazzo flooring.
High-performance floor coatings combined with vinyl flakes offer an elegant high-quality look for flooring without the high cost of installation and maintenance. The use of brightly colored flakes can boost the spirit of your surroundings or even create a dynamic image by using the color scheme of a mascot, emblem, or sports team. Consider using a pattern and a number of colors to make a visual statement. There are no limits to what you can do!
Common Applications for Epoxy Flake Flooring Systems
- Showrooms (Commercial, Industrial, Auto, etc.)
- Dog Kennels and Animal Rescues
- Super Markets and Grocery Stores
- Retail Stores and Shopping Malls
- Commercial and Residential Garage Floors
- Hospitals, Clinics, and Laboratories
- Rescue, Emergency Medical Service, and Fire Stations
- Hotels and other Accommodations
- Airports, Seaports, and Bus Stations
- Schools and Educational Institutions
- Amusement Parks and Entertainment Venues
Epoxy Flake Color Blends
A variety of color blends are available for epoxy flake flooring systems, so you can choose a style that is best suited to your home's décor. Vinyl shards used in epoxy color chips and flakes are multicolored and reflect light well. The design can be customized in multiple color variations so that no one will be left disappointed.
Adding a multi-colored epoxy flake flooring system to a workshop or garage is ideal for high-traffic areas subject to oil and grease stains. Epoxy flake flooring is a great decorative option for upgrading your garage floor at a low cost! As a result of the color variations available, these surfaces have a distinctive appearance. Epoxy flake flooring systems offer endless color options for your space.
Epoxy Flake Flooring Application
A high-performance and durable floor coating finish is produced once you combine epoxy resin with colorful epoxy flakes (or chips). After pouring the epoxy resin onto the surface, the epoxy flakes are broadcast into the mixture by throwing them into the air. This helps evenly spread the flake across the epoxy surface before it dries and hardens. As soon as they are set, and the excess flake is scrapped off, a protective clear topcoat is applied to seal the finish in place. Once the application is fully cured, the surface will not flake, scratch, or scuff. You won't have to worry about spillage either, since they are water-resistant.
Epoxy Flake Flooring Maintenance
Keeping epoxy flake flooring looking new is as simple as cleaning it with soap and water every few months. The thermoplastic nature of epoxy makes it deflect heat and sound waves, which keeps the floor cool. Your floors will be completely transformed sooner rather than later because the epoxy flake method is simple and quick to install!
There is no doubt that epoxy flake flooring is one of the best-selling epoxy flooring options because of its long-lasting properties and popularity among customers. It's an excellent option for people who want to add some texture or dimension to their floors.
An Epoxy Flooring Supplier You Can Trust
With more than a decade of experience, Xtreme Polishing Systems is the leader in epoxy flooring solutions for industrial and commercial applications. All over the world, our epoxy products and materials are highly recognized for their value and performance. Epoxy flake flooring systems from Xtreme Polishing Systems provide a long-lasting, visually pleasing, and affordable alternative for a variety of settings and can be customized to meet your facility's needs.
Our experts are available to consult with you about our epoxy flake flooring systems, whether you are looking for something for your home, office, or business building. Contact us at (877) 958-5732 for more information.