Concrete floors are probably not the first thing that comes to mind when thinking about stylish home designs. They are frequently considered to be drab and uninviting surfaces that are unfit for a home. However, that is simply not the case.
Concrete slabs have long gotten used as flooring in basements, garages, patios, and utility spaces. Still, it is now also a viable option for home interiors, where it can be polished, etched, coated, or stained to serve as a finished flooring surface.
- Polished Concrete Flooring – The simplistic beauty portrayed by polished concrete is exactly the reason why this finish is among the most desirable when choosing a new flooring option. Polished concrete is achieved through a process referred to as “concrete refinishing” to transform any dull concrete floors and transforms them into crystal gleaming finished surfaces. A primary choice like polished concrete offers substantial residential advantages such as high-performance, cost-effective, low maintenance, and attractive surface finishes. In fact, the easy, reliable, and long-lasting nature of polished concrete floors can be incorporated in just about any environment, whether it be residential, commercial, or industrial settings.
- Decorative Concrete Flooring – A great way to embrace the natural beauty of your concrete floors is to decorate their surfaces! This involves the process of staining or dying the concrete’s surface. Decorative flooring is so pleasant because it complements the architectural features of concrete surfaces while enhancing their overall look. Xtreme’s complete product line consists of decorative concrete stains, architectural dyes, and applicator tools that produce the most vibrant colors and pleasant earth tones for both contractors and do-it-yourselfers alike. Common applications for decorative concrete finishes are used in both interior and exterior environments, including foyers, bedrooms, driveways, patios, garages, kitchens, pool decks, hallways, and sidewalks.
- Epoxy Concrete Flooring – Surely considered a fan favorite for most, epoxy concrete flooring has truly made its impact on the global industry. Such recognition is due to epoxy’s ability to create stunning concrete and advantages for yielding high-performance results and seamlessly hard surfaces. Xtreme’s epoxy resin kits are reputable throughout the industry simply because they were formulated with industrial-grade resinous materials that, once applied and cured, completely seal and protect concrete surfaces. Our epoxy product line pairs flawlessly with a brilliant assortment of epoxy color pigments including an endless combination of colors, designs, and styles to choose from. This fabulous collection includes metallic liquid pigments and metallic powder pigments, as well as a wide variety of standard-solid pigments and safety colors. We also provide a dazzling variety of epoxy glitters that are designed to withstand epoxy’s chemical reactions. This helps to relieve our customers from stressing over the possibility of glitters melting away, such as shelf-bought and craft glitters once added to the mixture.
- Flake/ Vinyl Chip Flooring – Though commonly used in high-traffic commercial settings, these protective floor coating systems are heavy-duty materials designed that cure to full strength in a short period of time so they can withstand very high temperatures. This concrete finish is resilient to wear-and-tear yet flexible enough to bridge small cracks and ideal for all flooring requirements which includes residential garages, kitchens, bathrooms, and stairways – just to name a few. When the right conditions are met, Xtreme’s variety of Flake/ Vinyl Chip Floor Systems provide an immediate solution for residential and commercial flooring needs while remaining cost-effective and sustainable so anyone can easily maintain them over time. For maximum slip resistance, a UV Stable Clear Topcoat is applied following the coating application to ensure maximum protection.
Concrete floors may be an extremely elegant addition to anyone’s residence. Even better, they come with a slew of benefits that you will not find with other flooring alternatives. Here are a few of the advantages that might help you decide to install concrete floors in your personal spaces.
The Advantages of Concrete Floors
Concrete floors offer a plethora of advantages, such as the following:
Concrete Floors are Durable
Concrete flooring is extremely durable and resilient, which is one of its most significant advantages. To put it another way, it will take a lot of force and effort to destroy it. Thus, people who have concrete floors in their homes will not have to worry about shoes, pets, or furniture ruining the surface of their foundation because it will simply not happen that easily.
Concrete Floors are Sustainable
Concrete is also a recyclable material. Even the most damaged and old slabs can be crushed into little pieces and utilized to make fresh new concrete. These reprocessed slabs can be used in roads, sidewalks, patios, fire pits, and a wide range of other buildings, making them a fantastic alternative to slabs simply taking up space in landfills.
Many homes already have concrete sub-floors under their current flooring layer. If this is the case, all that is required is removing anything placed on top of it. Then, they only need to finish the top layer of what is currently there.
Concrete Floors are Economical
Concrete flooring is one of the most cost-effective options because it gets put in place. Because there are so many finish selections, the cost of installing a concrete floor might vary significantly. The price of a basic foundation can range from $2 per square foot to $30 or more for a high-end artistically rendered base.
- Basic design: $2 to $6 per square foot; Pouring the slab or overly polishing and a single colorizing treatment are all part of a basic concrete floor design.
- Mid-range design: $7 to $14 per square foot; Pouring the slab or overlay, polishing, and staining with several colors are all included in this price range.
- High-end design: $15 to $30 per square foot; Geometric patterns in the slab or overlay, as well as numerous colors and a range of texturing or stamping processes, can be found in the most sophisticated, and not to mention expensive concrete floors.
Homeowners who want to add a cement overlay product will just need to apply a thin layer of the material on top of the grade slab. This can easily be achieved by following the instructions for the application which is located on the product label itself. Whatever design they choose, homeowners can rest assured that the cost will be significantly lower than installing tile or natural stone.
Concrete Floors are Easy to Maintain
Polished concrete floors are exceptionally easy to clean. In truth, all you have to do is seal or wax it every six to nine months and then mop it with soapy water every week. This option will help to protect the surface while also keeping it looking new. A properly sealed and maintained concrete floor can last an indefinite amount of time. Concrete, even in commercial applications, can last for decades in high-traffic areas. In the long term, this can save you a lot of money and time compared to replacing your flooring every few years.
You may easily breeze over slabs with an inexpensive microfiber floor pad for simple cleaning to take up dirt particles that dull the floor’s luster. You can use a mop and a pail of water combined with a light cleaning solution when it is time for a more thorough cleaning. Simply apply the solution to the floor and wipe it clean with a mop dipped in clean water.
Though standard sweeping and mopping are acceptable, concrete can be a tough surface to regularly clean, especially because it’s porous and can easily hold dirt and grime may build over time. Finding the proper floor cleaning product will cut your preparation time in half while reducing the spread of bacteria and ensuring you are healthy, safe, and protected. Here at Xtreme Polishing Systems, we supply a wide variety of multipurpose concrete cleaners that are formulated to clean thoroughly and remove contamination from your hard floor surfaces.
Xtreme’s top-of-the-line floor cleaning products include:
- pH-Neutral Cleaners
- Acidic Cleaners
- Alkaline Cleaners
- Enzymatic/Bacterial Cleaners
- Specialty Cleaners.
Compared to tile or wood flooring, concrete has a firm surface that makes it less prone to cracking, scratching, or denting. That means you will not have to replace them due to accidents, increased foot traffic, or regular use. After all, concrete flooring gets commonly seen in garages and driveways, so you can trust it to withstand everything you throw at it.
Concrete floor sealers are also used to preserve the concrete and prevent surface damage, corrosion, and staining over time while retaining its incredible appearance. Typically, concrete surface damage is due mostly to surface moisture intrusion. Xtreme’s concrete floor sealers are formulated to protect concrete surfaces against other forms of damage including chemical intrusion, weather expulsion, alkali-silica reaction, and corrosion. Protecting and preserving your concrete floors, while properly maintaining them will ensure they continue looking beautiful and extends the service life.
If you follow these simple floor maintenance instructions and take great care of your concrete flooring, it will almost certainly last a lifetime!
Concrete Floors Last Long
A well-kept and cared-for concrete floor can survive for over a century if you understand how to handle them. When compared to other flooring options, its durability is unrivaled. Furthermore, many homeowners enjoy honoring the history of old concrete floors, complete with all of their flaws and fissures. Concrete foundations are great for anyone searching for a long-lasting, stylish, and easy-to-maintain flooring option.