Polished concrete has now become a renowned flooring surface that provides ease of maintenance along with superior durability. Warehouses, academic institutions, retail stores, and other high-traffic facilities, all make use of this equipment. However, concrete polishing equipment caters to many more than just utilitarian purposes.
It is also an economical flooring option for those homeowners and businesses who are unable to afford expensive marble or granite floors but at the same time wish for the same brilliance and glossy finish.
Significance of Concrete Polishing
Concrete polishing is a well-known preference in flooring that is suitable for both residential and commercial properties. This type of flooring is long-lasting and ensures a refined look. The facilitation of true brilliance in color and texture is one of the main reasons for its popularity. Gone are the days when concrete flooring was just mere slabs of grey (dim and dull) and an unaffordable means of flooring.
Today, property owners make a distinct preference for various colors, shades, and polishes that offer a premium look and feel to their overall property. Concrete polishing equipment is a popular choice because of the diversity it offers while remaining pocket friendly. It does not involve any extensive care, replacement/maintenance cost, or any waxing/coating. Moreover, it is dirt and slip-resistant.
Factors To Consider When Buying
- Do Market Research - A thorough research of the market is always a must before investing in the equipment.
- Evaluation of Power Options - There are different options available on the market to suit different purposes.
- Equipment Package Deals - Choose the specific equipment package deal that works for your business, because as we already know, one size doesn't fit all!
Wet vs. Dry Concrete Polishing
There are two options that contractors use to polish concrete: either the wet method or the dry method.
A combination of both of these methods can be used as well:
- Wet Polishing - through the course of this method, water is used to cool the diamond abrasives while getting rid of the grinding dust. Water increases the life of the polishing abrasives (resin-bonded disks) by reducing friction and acting as a lubricant. However, this method has a disadvantage because the mess that it creates can potentially slow productivity.
- Dry Polishing - through the course of this method, there is no usage of water. Polishing machines that are specifically built with dust extraction units are used by contractors to clear all the excess mess. This method is suited for initial grinding steps or when the concrete is being removed. Some manufacturers adopt wet polishing in the later phase when the surface becomes smoother; while some have introduced resin-bonded disks that facilitate an entirely dry process.
At Xtreme Polishing Systems, our team of experts understands that concrete can variate in properties, therefore each slab must be treated differently. We also know how common it is for those unforeseen complications to occur after hours while still on the job site. It is crucial to have immediate support for achieving beautiful concrete finishes.
Whether you’re a professional contractor or a do-it-yourself type of person, our top-of-the-line concrete product supply and industry expertise are available to anyone. Our pros are here to discuss all your project concerns to assist you every step of the way, from START to FINISH.
Questions? We would love to hear them! Our professionals are readily available to answer all your questions and to provide you with concrete knowledge and industry expertise in the overall preparation and completion of a concrete floor project. Shop Online or Call (877) 958-5732 for all your concrete flooring needs!