Fast-Drying Adhesive Primer
Rockhard Fusion Primer is a rapid-drying adhesion primer with a thin sol-gel base intended for use as an inter-coat (a middle layer between coatings) or direct surface primer. This innovative product forms a molecular bridge, chemically fusing the coating with the surface. The product can be used on various surfaces, including concrete, wood, aluminum, etc.
Various surfaces and coatings can be coated with Rockhard Fusion Primer. However, remember that water-based coatings cannot be used over top coats. No surface profiling is required to achieve a strong chemical bond to concrete as long as the substrate is clean and free of bond breakers like oils, greases, etc.
*Gas emissions from this coating system can affect air quality indoors due to its high VOC content, so please take extra precautions when installing it.
|System||Sqft. Per Gal||Sqft. Per Kit|
1 Coat @ 250-300 Sqft/Gal (depends on surface porosity)
Features and Benefits
- UV stable and virtually invisible
- Removes the need to sand or mechanically abrade substrates or coatings before top coating
- Provides strong bonding to the hard-to-bond or low/no profile surfaces
- 90-minute overcoat window (if the window is missed, run a screen or light abrasion and reapply)
- It provides covalent bonding at a molecular level and becomes one with the surface they are applied to and creates a superior barrier
- Penetrates the surface of the substrate
- Painted or unpainted iron
- Copper and other metals
- Powder-coated and galvanized surfaces
SHOP CONTRACTOR DEALS
SAVE ON MACHINES, CONCRETE & EPOXY FLOOR COATINGS!
Xtreme Polishing Systems offers a wide range of materials for surface preparation, concrete floor grinding and polishing machines, decorative concrete, and epoxy resin supplies for all industrial, commercial and residential flooring needs. We provide a full product line of professional concrete and epoxy supplies, flooring equipment, and building materials for projects big and small.