What are Epoxy Coatings?
Epoxy coatings are adhesive resin coatings susceptible to reactions with other chemicals. When applying an epoxy coating, it is mixed with a hardening agent that creates an extremely strong adhesive resistance to weathering and wears and tear due to harsh chemicals.
It is almost impossible to separate two agents that have been bound together by epoxy coatings. That makes this industrial-grade resin a super durable, serviceable, and stable surface coating option.
Epoxy coatings act as a sealant for concrete floors and can be used on commercial floors, walkways, and most common residential flooring, and garage floors. This resilient building material can also be used on countertop surfaces, tabletops, and bar top applications.
So many facilities have already experienced the magnificent benefits of epoxy flooring, including commercial and industrial buildings such as manufacturing plants, warehouses, pharmaceutical buildings, laboratories, and food or beverage plant facilities.
Advantages of Epoxy Coatings:
- Maximum durability: Concrete floors coated in epoxy last longer and resist considerable wear, thus saving you money and allowing you to manage other business concerns.
- Brightness levels: Typically, a high gloss option for epoxy coatings can be provided, which improves lighting in your facility to a significant degree due to reflection.
- Exceptional strength: Once the epoxy has been converted to a solid polymer, it becomes incredibly strong and prevents chemical breakdown.
- Saves time: Epoxy flooring can usually be installed quickly and easily, which means less time shutting down your daily production for a tedious installation.
- Low maintenance cleaning: Once the concrete has the epoxy coating, it is no longer porous since sealed and is, therefore, easier to clean.
- Aesthetic finishes: Epoxy coatings are usually available in an array of colors and patterns to fit your specific style.
- Chemically resistant: Epoxy coatings can survive continued exposure to potent chemicals, which is perfect for warehouses or plants that may be exposed to such materials.
- Safety benefits: Epoxy coatings are also resistant to slippage, temperature, extreme impact, and even fire, maintaining both the safety of your employees and your building.
- Lowers vehicle maintenance: Choosing epoxy coatings can also reduce wear on vehicles in your facility because it is more forgiving on machinery.
- Environmentally friendly: Lastly, epoxy coatings are a green option for your business because of the reduction in material usage. It's an excellent alternative to adding on a completely new floor or replacing vehicles due to damage.