The Epoxy Removal ProcessAlthough it is strictly advised to wipe off the mastic before it dries, in case it is not removed, you should consider hiring professionals to bring back your floors to sparkling lean looks. Since regular cleaning agents such as mild detergent solution fail to remove hardened mastic, we follow specialized methods to do it:
- We use high quality mastic removers, or what we call floor grinders to remove white, yellow or even the black asbestos mastic off the concrete, wooden, tiled or carpeted floors. Our grinders do not produce any odor or have any after effects on the floors or on the health of people living alike. The concrete chemicals that are sprayed over the mastic are left over for some time; say from 20 to 30 minutes, in order to let it soften the mastic. There are different adhesive formulas available in the market, however our professionals at Xtreme Polishing Systems uses the safest citrus based removers.
- Once the mastic is softened it is scrapped off. All the essential safety measures are practiced whilst doing so to void any accidents.
- To remove mastic from the concrete floors, or professionals use sharp blades (that look like razors) or resin-bonded diamond abrasive grits/ discs. They have plenty of experience and success for defeating even the toughest mastic adhesive or glue removal.
- After removing the mastic, the floors are leveled by using sand papers. Any leftover mastic is buffed away delicately with sand papers, or burnishing pads whilst making sure that no harm is done to the floor.
- The entire area is thoroughly cleaned by using lukewarm soapy water. It is left to dry completely before putting back the furniture that was taken away to avoid any damage.